Educational Grants for Professional Development
The banking industry is fast-changing. Getting key employees trained in the latest developments can be expensive--and that's where MinBanc Foundation, Inc. can help. Thanks to the support we receive from generous donators, we help banks to take advantage of up to $3,000 per calendar year in professional education grants for employees. Whether you're a manager looking to grow your team or an aspiring manager, our grants can help strengthen your organization, and by extension, your community.
Facts about Our Grants
MinBanc Foundation, Inc. has distributed professional development grants in excess of $600,000 to further employee education and training opportunities at minority- and women-owned banks since our founding. If you're interested in applying for a grant, here are a few key facts to consider:
- A maximum of $3,000 in employee education grants can be awarded per bank, per calendar year.
- Grants are offered as tuition reimbursement. Travel and any expenses (hotel, meals, etc.) related to attending the course(s) are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Grants are awarded to employees at the management or officer level.
- Grant requests are viewed and approved on a quarterly basis.
- Grant requests are accepted on a rolling basis but must be submitted for coursework completed within the last (90) days.
In accordance with MinBanc Foundation, Inc. bylaws, grants are awarded only for banking-related courses. Courses must be relevant to the management of a financial institution or address current banking-industry issues, etc. General management courses or courses related to an individual's continuation of a college or university degree program do not qualify for grants.